Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Snippets

For a while, I have been looking at different cameras but had not found just the right one until recently. Friday dad drove me to Exit 7 to purchase it (Thanks Dad!!). Despite my wishing the battery to charge sooner, it did not. Thus, today was the trial run. I wanted to go to the Cedar Bluff Overlook Park but it looked as if they were having some type of celebration so I walked around here and found things to snap pictures of. It was such a gorgeous day I really didn't want to come back in but alas you can't spend all afternoon meandering around in the woods.
There were quite a few caterpillars crawling on the pavement. Actually, some were crawling and some were sun bathing (or so it appeared :) I was hoping to find some daisies to pick and brighten up my room but there were only a few to be found. Georgia had all kinds along the wayside but we in VA must be a few weeks behind them.
If you were a private investigator what type of print would this be? RuthAnne would define it as either a "BIG BUCK" or a 'doe".
This stream is one of my favorite spots to walk to. It is so peaceful and calming to hear the water flow (sound machines don't quite cut it!).
And last but not least here is our faithful dog. The sad news is Dad took her to the vet and he diagnosed her with congestive heart failure. At least she is eating now and is moving a little more. This is the only picture where she did not have her head turned.

1 comment:

Nae and Clara said...

Practice up with the camera so that when we come in June you can take lots of pics of the kiddos!

clara