Friday, February 08, 2008

Sacrifice

What is sacrifice? Is it the giving up of your favorite thing for a month maybe longer depending? It can be defined as: "The surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim." The ultimate sacrifice was God giving his perfect willing son for wretched sinners "of whom I am chief". Faith the basis of all life. "By faith Abrham offered up Isaac." The faith of our fathers is easily forgotten. As a nation we have forgotten the living and true source of life. Have a cup of cheer. What cheer might would that be? Men and women sacrifice their lives for us defending our freedom. A cup of cheer indeed! How can their be cheer when war, death, pain and suffering surround us? A thick veil is hung over our eyes I did not get my way. It's a land of free choice and liberty afterall. Are we so warped as to forget, do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Just so things don't rock my boat life is good, the wind is in my sails. Smooth sailing from here. This mind set put us where we are today. A state of sin, dispair, and most of all a need for a sacrifice-the Sacrifice. Thanks to Jesus the perfect atoning sacrifice was made whole. I love because he first loved me.

No comments: