Thursday, March 20, 2008

Abstract Scenery

While driving home from work I saw a distant animal in the road. I assumed it was a bird (as my distant vision isn't THAT great) but it was a dog. It would seem that it's friend had been hit by a car and lay in the middle of the road. As I approached the dog ran reluctantly away leaving his friend to the mercy of the passing cars. This brought to mind the shortness of life and how lost I would be without God's help, guidance and saving grace; like the sad dog that ran away confused about which direction to run. I passed the dogs feeling sad but thankful for the beauty that surrounds me...
I did not want to let the first day of sPrInG pass by without pictures!
After I took this picture is brought to mind Goliath, although he wasn't so distorted. What would it feel like to not only be this tall....you could reach all sorts of things, like a giraffe...
Then I laid down to take a picture of the sky but I didn't stay there long because the sidewalk was hard and it didn't exactly feel warm 'n' toasty outside to be on the ground...
On to the kitchen now...I have often wondered how long it will be before some artist sales a picture, for thousands of dollars, of a full dish drainer. Maybe I could be the first? You could have themes, pots artfully arranged or plates and bowls that resemble people...
Before ya'll think I have 'lost my marbles', here is a picture of a crocus flower for your viewing enjoyment...I hope you all are enjoying sPrInG and the beauty it brings!

No comments: