Monday, May 28, 2007

South to Nashville

This weekend I went to Nashville to see my newest neice (Chrisa was already there). I began my journey on Thursday evening around 5:30. Near Bristol there are large flashing signs that read, "Accident ahead 65 miles". So here I am still crusin' along thinking it would be clear when I get 65 miles ahead. BINGO, WRONG!! At mile marker 29 both lanes go down to a crawl. Stop go stop go. Little did I know it would take me 2 1/2 hours to go three miles!! By this time it was too late to continue onward (technically my night vision isn't the greatest). So I made an almost round trip of 190 miles in 5 hours and spend the night in Abingdon with Robbie and Carrie. (Thanks for housing me!!) Despite the traffice it was a fun trip and enjoyed seeing all of the Soundaras!!


Does this picture show you how bored I was?
Then again it's not everday you get to see the interstate at a crawling pace.

RuthAnne enjoying some breakfast Friday morning-what a happy face!!





1 comment:

Anne said...

Em,
You do a very good job with your blog and your camera phone did a good job taking pictures! Love U!
Mom